Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
As an HVAC Retro Service Installer, you will be responsible for installing or replacing HVAC and Refrigeration systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for both commercial and residential customers.
- Inspect systems to accurately diagnose and repair electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems as necessary.
- Communicate with customers to help troubleshoot system malfunctions or problems.
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system
to manufacturer’s recommendations, and explain fully to customer what the issue
is and what is required to correct.
- Properly document all inspections, repairs, and installed equipment upon arrival, including make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
- Identify and report to owner potential opportunities for additional business (newer
system, service contracts, and additional services).
- Designs, fabricates, and installs various duct and duct fittings as required.
- Clean, maintain, and replenish proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle as necessary.
- Perform all other special duties or projects as assigned by Service/Warranty Manager.
Other duties as assigned
KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent; HVAC tech school certification highly preferred.
- At least 3-4 years of HVAC Service/Retro Install experience
- EPA 608 Certification for refrigerant handling
- Requires regular travel to and from scheduled jobsites in region.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license; clear DMV report required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English in both verbal and written formats.
- Must be computer literate. Some Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) experience required.
- Must possess ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans and manuals.
- Must possess strong time management, problem solving, and customer service capabilities.
- Must possess good analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Must be reliable, trustworthy, and capable of working long periods of time independently, with little to no supervision.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to interface with customers and other employees in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must possess mental and physical capacities necessary to perform the job duties.
- Work is done predominantly at property sites with freeway and road travel in between jobsites. Lighting is both artificial and natural. Equipment used includes smart phone as well as a motor vehicle, safety equipment such as, gloves, eyeglasses, hardhat, and other HVAC and repair equipment. Individual will have some exposure to rain, dust, noise, heat, cold, and fumes. Work will occasionally require individual to crawl and operate efficiently in small, tight, or confined spaces and/or rooftops. Physical demands include walking, standing, repetitive use of both hands, driving motor vehicles, as well as sitting, balancing, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 75lbs. Hours and days are primarily Monday through Friday with some overtime and weekends required. Position requires contact with Blue Mountain Inc. employees, customers, and outside vendors.
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, paid sick leave, and a 401(k) with employer provided match.
Blue Mountain is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. Blue Mountain is an equal opportunity employer and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.