With an expanding market we are looking to grow our Sparks team! The Service Superintendent provides leadership for Service crews and technical expertise to provide thorough analysis and appropriate recommendations to ensure high quality work and superior customer service to clients.
- Medical/Dental/Vision and other ancillary insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Pay for volunteer work
- $200 Annually for Boots!
- Educational Assistance Program
- Responsible for recruitment, training, development and growth, ongoing and regular coaching, performance evaluations, and employment separations.
- Analyzes and forecasts staffing needs based on fluctuating business demands to ensure appropriate staffing levels are retained.
- Oversees multiple job sites, ensuring jobs are staffed with correct resources; ensuring that specifications are being followed, work is proceeding on schedule, and completing jobs as efficiently as possible with the highest quality workmanship.
- Holds employees accountable for quality workmanship that meets Company’s installation standards; ensures documentation is completed and timely; ensures productivity, quality and safety.
- Ensures employees are following company policies and procedures, including but not limited to federal and state regulations during their employment.
- Develops departmental training material based on current workforce skillset, manages training schedules, and forecasts future training needs to meet Company goals.
- Maintains knowledge of all roofing systems and installation procedures.
- Enhances the client's experience by educating our customers on standard roofing practices, general roofing details, maintenance, and repair requirements.
- Reviews and evaluates roof conditions via job site visits and makes decisions regarding scopes of work, repairs, installation, re-roof, material orders, and quotes.
- Performs quality control inspections and reviews findings with management and crews.
- Maintains proper Shop inventory and ensures crews keep up on truck inventory.
- Ensures all jobs have proper coordination with in-house Shop for parts fabrication and follows all procedures for getting fabrication work done.
- Familiarizes self and understands the projects’ scopes of work, drawings, materials, and installation details to relay proper instructions to crews for jobs, as needed.
Non-Essential Responsibilities include the following:
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Works with Service Director on developing field processes and procedures to improve production and quality.
- Identifies any unsafe behavior or potentially hazardous working conditions and provides continuous training and coaching to others on Kodiak safety standards.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for the position.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of five years' experience as a roofing service technician completing maintenance, repairs, and roof assessments for commercial properties.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts; geometry; trigonometry; statistics; Standard American English (SAE) or imperial units of measurement.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of internet software, mobile applications, spreadsheet and word processing software. Must be confident in learning new systems/software.
- Is expected up to 70% of the time to visit sites, meet with clients, or conduct off-site training.
Conditions of Employment: This job has conditions of employment essential to the position. This list is not considered comprehensive and other conditions of employment are likely due to the nature of the position.
- Valid Driver's License
- Meets Company Insurance Carrier Standards for Insurability