About Iron Mechanical
Iron Mechanical is a design/build mechanical contractor specializing in the design and
construction of mechanical and plumbing systems for large commercial, mixed use multi-family
and public works buildings. Our culture encourages and supports individuality and uncovering
personal strengths while working together in a strong knit and an enjoyable team environment.
As part of the Preconstruction Team, the Detailer is in responsible charge of the delivery
of on time, complete, accurate, coordinated shop drawings, spool drawings, and all other related
components for large scale commercial plumbing and mechanical systems through effective use
of personal skills/abilities, teamwork and individual/shared team resources.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work, think and act as a supportive, dedicated member of the IM Preconstruction Teams.
- Thorough review of all plan sheets on projects to capture all relevant scope.
- Accurate, comprehensive material lists for buyout.
- Shop and spool drawings for fabrication and construction.
- Assist shop and field foreman with questions during construction.
- Participate in coordination/clash detection meetings on projects.
- Thorough coordination and preplanning with all trade partners.
- Protect project budgets through understanding of scope, IM standards and how deviation
- 3+ years relevant industry experience
- Proficient in Autodesk CAD MEP and/or Fabrication CAD MEP
- Excellent work ethic and pride in accomplishment of team goals.
- Ability to communicate well with others and work in a team environment.
- Plumbing or Mechanical field experience a plus.