JOB SUMMARY: This position is assigned to work under a Superintendent/Project Manager to assist in supervising all functions of the construction job site as it relates to building quality residential homes. Will oversee the construction process from dirt through closing with the goal of maximizing profits and maintaining excellence through the KBnxt business model.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helps to reinforce the commitment to achieve "100% complete and 100% on time" KBnxt process.
- Supervises all phases of construction as assigned. Communicates regularly with trade partners regarding company policies and procedures, including safety and OSHA compliance.
- Assists in compiling the milestone report (slab to frame, frame to mechanical, drywall to cabinet / cabinet to final). -Under the direction of the Super/PM, will support the consistent application of the "Even Flow" process, homes completed per schedule (daily starts, closings and monthly deliveries).
- Processes trade partner's purchase orders and invoices for assigned homes.
- Monitors subdivision cleanliness and hold trade partners responsible for daily clean-up.
- Provides a daily status on the construction progress of each assigned home
- Continually strive to support superior JD Power/CSI ranking in specific market.
- Monitors and helps resolve customer or construction concerns to facilitate smooth final closing process.
- Assists in delivering buyer orientations to reinforce contact with buyer throughout the construction process.
- Participates in Community Teams, and shows the initiative to take ownership of construction matters/issues.
- Works directly with the sales force with an emphasis in teamwork and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures the community is working with NHQ certified trade partners
- Assists with driving the permit and inspection sign-off process on a timely basis
- Responsible for inspection process in assigned homes and interacts with VA, FHA, City, County, State and Conventional inspectors involved in the homebuilding process
- Maintains a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any state-level agencies' regulations.
- Performs and maintains Quality Checkpoint inspections.
- Assists with the installation and maintenance of the SWPPP for the construction site.
- High school degree or equivalent required / Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Construction Management vocational degree or certificate preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of construction experience in homebuilding or related real estate industry, or applicable construction management training required
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including motivating teams, employee development, and being results oriented
- Strong people skills, including the capability to handle various personalities and develop professional relationships
- Action oriented, with the drive to push projects and tasks to successful closure
- Proven ability of being customer centric by seeking solutions from the customer's perspective
- Strong verbal & written communication, with the ability to take complex concepts and communicate accurately and persuasively
- Strong ability to work within a team-setting, inclusive of other's ideas, and a willingness to cooperate
- Makes quick and accurate decisions based heavily on facts, data and/or metrics
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Work full-time schedule with flexibility for overtime when necessary
- Ability to work the "On-Call" program when needed (respond to emergency calls or other issues during off-hours)
- Valid driver's license required
- Local travel required within designated region
- Conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to potential buyers, trade partners, external officials, and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program, bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Diversity is important to KB Home!