Responsible for receiving and processing incoming work orders, maintaining records and compiling reports. Gather and translate all necessary customer and internal data to develop accurate and detailed orders that support successful installation. Work in conjunction with branches, customers, and other internal teams to ensure orders are completed in a timely manner.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
- Performs accurate and timely entry of customer selection into order processing system. Calculates and enters initial pricing at the time of order creation.
- Identifies and escalates gaps in company and customer ordering information with appropriate level of urgency. Researches shortages and provides accurate details of all shortage issues.
- Monitors orders using system reports and communicates progress to leadership. Proactively communicates to resolve discrepancies in up-front data preventing accurate or timely order entry.
- Monitors and tracks customer orders to meet material lead times and ensure on-time delivery.
- Maintains customer rituals regarding selection, billing back-up and order acknowledgments.
- Interacts with internal and external customers daily through clear and concise written and oral communication.
- Reviews job cost data to ensure accurate recognition of revenue. Enters job cost coding to reflect margin status.
- Investigates and resolves job cost margin discrepancies.
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior co-worker or supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Must be eighteen years of age
- HS Diploma or GED required. Specialized skills training/certification may be required.
- 0-2 years of order entry and customer service experience preferred
- Experience in a customer service or call center environment.
- SAP knowledge is a plus.
- Flooring or construction industry experience preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.