Manage the production and support teams in the delivery of high quality and on-time production of countertops and other surfaces projects for the area operations. Responsible for the daily production shift responsibilities for delivering excellent quality, on-time and overseeing a productive and safe teamwork effort to deliver for our customers.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
- Establish and Execute Production targets to achieve budgeted growth plan and meet customer demand.
- Plan and prepare manufacturing production plan with Quality and On-time delivery as primary objectives based on installation dates and customer demand.
- Create a positive work environment that fosters process improvements and teamwork at all levels.
- Develop, Implement and Deliver on Continuous Improvement objectives to improve Quality, Lead Times, Efficiency, On-Time Delivery, Cost and other assigned objectives within your departments.
- Ensure staffing is scheduled to meet demand.
- Ensure quality control, safety, and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Manage team members time and attendance.
- Identify maintenance needs and ensure daily Preventative tasks are completed by team, plus identify potential needs and raise to management and local maintenance teams.
- Deliver on financial performance for the operations
- Ensure the best quality materials are present and ready for photo station and CAD layout 4 or more days in advance of installation, or as otherwise assigned.
- Process necessary transactions and paperwork timely to achieve recognition of production costs and revenue within a set timeframe, as assigned. Includes Receiving, Inventory, Transactions within SAP and other databases, and others as assigned.
- Communicate with local management team including data results of operations.
- Uphold and enforce Safety, Environmental, and Quality standards.
- Ensure data is collected and processed timely and any reports completed, as needed.
- Determine Production plans with manager, General Manager and others.
- Manage team associates and establish development plans for team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellence in customer service, both internal and external customers.
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, TPM, 5S, and other problem-solving techniques, a plus.
- Experience with Countertops, countertop machinery/tools and digital machine automation, and similar operation processes.
- Experience in high volume custom production manufacturing environments.
- Experience Managing teams of 10 or more.
- Experience with SAP, Moraware, Slabsmith, CAD or similar, a plus.
Environmental Job Requirements
- Located in a comfortable indoor production environment. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about. Occasionally there may be a requirement to stoop or lift light material or equipment (typically less than 20 pounds).
- Usually in a comfortable environment, but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as noise, wet work areas, dust, fumes, odors. and other production based manufacturing equipment/tools and material handling.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.