Responsible for completing detailed and itemized material quantity estimates from owner or contractor furnished plan sets. Focused on flooring estimating only (single trade group).
Primary Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Completes detailed and itemized material quantity estimates from owner or contractor furnished plan sets
- Communicates with senior or lead to clarify any unusual or special material issues
- Determines accurate quantities related materials as measured from provided plan sets
- Determines if supplied materials meet local/state/federal specifications
- Identifies materials required for the construction of facilities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgement in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior co-worker or supervisor.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required. Specialized skills training/certification may be required.
- Must pass work eligibility requirements.
- 0-2 years of experience in material estimating related to construction materials and/or other industry related experience
- Generally, 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility
- Experience in installations of flooring preferred
- Experience in reading plan drawings and/or schematics
- SAP experience
- Experience with CAD and/or other digital drawing tools.
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts or bright lights
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.