The CDL Driver is responsible for transporting company goods to different locations using a commercial truck. They are also required to perform inspections before and after a trip, and unload cased products from the trailer to the designated facilities. These drivers also follow appropriate safety procedures to transport fragile cargo and maintain logs of vehicle repair status and working hours.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Confirm load quantities and document the quality of parts loaded.
- Communicate current position and ETA with warehouse.
- Transport articles necessary to keep production lines active.
- Complete up to 4 loads a day.
- Properly secure cargo to ensure safe delivery of the product.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
Experience, Skills & Education:
- Minimum of one-year experience commercial driving.
- Current class A license.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Good driving record.
- Current DOT physical and ability to pass DOT pre-employment.
- Ability to offload truck with a forklift, or willingness to learn.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- High attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Willingness to work 5-6 days a week.
- Flexibility to accommodate rushed deliveries.
- Regular attendance with an emphasis on punctuality.
Desired Additional Qualifications/Preferred Skills:
- Familiarity with automotive part nomenclature (HVAC preferred).
- Advanced shipping and receiving experience.
- Basic report writing skills.
- Good organization skills.
Air International Thermal Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.