Perform all tasks involved in the production of Air International’s products. This includes HVAC systems, Power Train Cooling Systems (CRFM or PTC’s), and Transmission Oil Coolers (TOC’s). Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Reads work instructions, operator manuals and performs work as assigned by process leads.
- Assembles the materials to produce sub-assemblies of a finished product from components.
- Operates minor power equipment to fasten screws or bolts to the product.
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages.
- Pack finished goods into correct packages and boxes.
- Track production on schedule boards.
- Notify team leader of any mechanical or material issues.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Work weekends/overtime as the Customer need dictates.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Experience, Skills & Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Desired Additional Qualifications/Preferred Skills:
- Bilingual / reading / writing in both English and Spanish.
- Process improvement/problem-solving experience, i.e. CMMI, Lean, Six Sigma, DMAIC, 8D.
- Familiarity with automotive part nomenclature (HVAC preferred).
- Good organization skills.
Work Environment / Physical Environment:
- Combination of an office and manufacturing environment.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions, i.e. keyboarding.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- May be exposed to possible shop hazards including high noise level, high-pressure equipment, chemicals, and shop traffic.
- Air International Thermal Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.