Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads/Manages plan production process with the division team from schematic design to release of construction documents.
- Manages CAD Associate(s) and assists with training and performance reviews (not all divisions have CAD Associates).
- Reviews quality of work delivered from CAD Associate(s) and consultant team(s) and ensures quality expectations are met along with having needed resources for quality of projects.
- Reviews product strategy and needs with division leadership and corporate Planning and Design and makes recommendations based on market research.
- Reviews projects at milestone completions to assure they meet value design, target profile, division requirements, corporate standards and quality drafting standards.
- Manages and maintains project schedules for all assigned projects to assure they are completed on time (may require CAD drafting, as needed).
- Updates division team on status of projects using current internal systems. Maintains project tracker and any field requests.
- Tracks/maintains all plan histories and version (architectural, structural and MEP plans). Ensures files are stored correctly per corporate policy.
- Manages and maintains plan files stored on corporate server.
- Ensures documents comply with applicable building codes, jurisdictional requirements and division standards.
- Coordinates any DRB / ARB submittal packages with municipalities and developers.
- Assists with all other requests by division leadership, including reviews of marketing collateral (brochures and interactive plans on beazer.com) for accuracy.
- Coordinates and leads all prototype frame walks, design charrettes, schematic designs and annual product strategy meetings.
- Coordinates schematic design reviews with division, consultants and corporate Planning and Design.
- Determines the best course of action to complete projects and coordinates with internal and external resources accordingly.
Education & Experience
- Knowledge of residential construction, building codes, drafting standards and architectural styles/standards.
- Proficient in AutoCAD as well as use word processing, e-mail, and spreadsheet software for communication and data analysis.
- Ability to work on and prioritize several projects and tasks on a daily basis.
- Available to work beyond normal work hours if required to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate information necessary in order to perform duties.
- Bachelor degree in design/construction related field from accredited institution with four plus years direct work experience including use of AutoCAD, or a two year technical degree with six years direct work experience including two years of AutoCAD, or no degree and minimum 10 years direct work experience including 4 years of AutoCAD.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to multi-task and answer questions from management, contractors, consultants and construction.
- Ability to travel 20-25% of the time (locally – site visits) (out-of-state – annually).
- Typical office environment.
Number of Openings
Who can apply?
$80-110K, 30% annual bonus
Driver's License Required