Project Coordinator, Development customarily and regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment to manage the firm’s multifamily residential development activities, involving both new construction and major renovation projects. Directs the advancement of projects from conceptual design, permitting, and construction drawing approval through building permit status, and continued support of construction activities, resulting in the successful completion of apartment communities within schedule and on budget. Creates, manages, and monitors project development activities, budgets, and schedules to ensure success.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Internal and external team coordination during projects’ preconstruction periods.
- Create and manage Project Team workspace and collaboration tools, including Smartsheets, schedules, budgets, cash flow projections, and progress reports.
- Manage Project Team coordination meetings, including creation of agendas, and records of decisions.
- Perform Entitlement and permitting research including
- Municipal codes and ordinances.
- Zoning and General Plans.
- Jurisdictional specific permitting and fee analyses.
- Entitlement Requirements and Applications which impact the preparation of accurate project performance schedules
- Organized assembly of interdisciplinary data.
- Scoping submittal requirements.
- Planning tasks and schedules for entitlement and permitting
- Creation, with input from Development Manager or VP, required jurisdictional documents for submittal to jurisdictions.
- Distribution of documents to consultants and team members
- Fee estimates which contribute to the economic decision making on a project.
- Coordinate project outreach efforts
- Manage consultant contracts and performance.
- Preparing and submitting planning entitlement applications.
- Preparing regular project status reports and recommendations to USA project teams and senior management.
- Preparing feasibility studies and preparing project development reports.
- Reviewing project consultant invoices and provide recommendations to Manager or VP regarding appropriateness of charges
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Abilities:
- Coursework in business, planning, architecture, engineering, law, or relatable field.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working in the field of real estate development, architecture, engineering, and/or construction.
- Financial and business concepts, real estate development principals, etc.
- Affordable and/or market rate multifamily experience preferred.
- Background with either municipal agencies, architecture, engineering, construction, law, title, or real estate sectors.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws pertaining to land use, and environmental impacts including CEQA and NEPA.
- Knowledge of zoning and other land use regulations.
- Reading comprehension skills to understand and implement technical and legal materials.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects or assignments and meet firm deadlines.
- Innovative, creative, detail oriented, and flexible to changing environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Products Suite, Smartsheets, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Google Earth, etc.
- Strong organizational skills.
Other Requirements, Including Travel:
- Travel with occasional overnight stays will be required.
- Work after hours and/or occasional weekends if needed.