Meritage Homes has an opportunity available as an Assistant Construction Manager for personable individuals ready to take their careers to the next level! This position will be located in the Roseville, CA area.
Specifically, the Assistant Construction Manager will:
- Coordinate, schedule, and inspect all trades and phases of residential construction activity under the direction of the Construction Manager.
- Communicate and enforce safety, swppp, jobsite cleanup, Meritage quality, and scope of work standards to subcontractors and their workers.
- Walk each home twice daily, monitor construction progress, and verify material deliveries as necessary; elevate areas of concern to the Construction Manager.
- Coordinate, schedule, and accompany city, utility, and third party inspectors.
- Conduct multiple pre and post closing orientations and interactions with buyers, including assessing, scheduling, performing, and supervising warranty repairs.
- Prepare punch lists at various phases of construction, manage subcontractors to complete work items, and perform and supervise preparation and detail work as needed prior to completion of home construction.
- Work with the Construction Manager, Area Construction Manager, Customer Care (Warranty) Department, and Sales Associates as a team to maximize subcontractor efficiency, maintain strong City relationships, meet schedules, satisfy Buyers, and deliver a high quality home.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. College coursework in Construction Management preferred.
- Minimum 2 years residential construction or customer service experience with some supervisory or project oversight experience preferred.
- Understanding of home construction processes, work sequence, scheduling, and building codes.
- Ability to read and understand architectural, structural, mechanical, and electrical plans, scopes of work, community features, and Buyer option selections.
- Basic Microsoft Word and Excel capability. Experience in Hyphen (BuildPro) a plus.
- Problem and conflict resolution skills, ability to prioritize work tasks, and teamwork and customer satisfaction orientation is required.