Under the general supervision of the Logistics Manager or Production Manager, this position is responsible for delivering and receiving freight using a company vehicle and loading and unloading trucks onto roofs, in houses, or on jobsites per specifications. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in maintaining the general health and welfare of all employees, customers and those in public contact with our operational services by participating in the established guidelines of safety processes, policies and regulations.
- Attends and participates in weekly safety meetings.
- Yard Operations:
- Assists yard personnel in pulling and staging of inter-company orders, loading of trucks, and the receiving of materials.
- Operates yard equipment, including forklifts, safely and efficiently.
- Expedites the loading and unloading of customer and company vehicles.
- Completes and returns paperwork to office personnel as soon as possible.
- Assures that trucks are logged in at the office before being unloaded.
- Stocks building materials and maintains yard.
- Must meet company production requirements.
- Delivery Operations:
- Receives and carries out customer order instructions, including maps and materials, according to the delivery sequence.
- Ensures timely and efficient delivery to customers and jobsites.
- Completes pre-jobsite assessment prior to unloading company truck at jobsites.
- Delivers material to jobsites and customers in a safe and efficient manner according to safety guidelines established.
- Follows delivery protocol by safely unloading trucks and loading materials onto roofs or into houses per customer instructions.
- Returns all paperwork and delivery documentation to the Logistics Manager.
- Fleet Operations:
- May have to operate other company equipment including the Conveyor, Gradall, Drywall Boom, Knuckle Boom, Stick Crane, and Tractor Trailer.
- May count and reconcile incoming and outgoing materials.
- Develops a working knowledge of all products inventoried.
- Customer Service:
- Acknowledges and assists all customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Fleet and Facility Maintenance:
- Monitors the equipment and reports service requirements to the Logistics Manager.
- Helps maintain the general appearance and maintenance of the branch’s facility.
- Asset Security:
- Assists in administering all asset protection processes such as, but not limited to: Equipment security, facility security, fleet security, and inventory security.
- Performs yard security functions at the end of the shift by checking fuel tanks, ensuring equipment is stored in designated areas, locking vehicles and removing keys.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills.
- Requires valid Class A or Class B driver’s license with good driving record.
- Forklift experience required.
- Ability to safely deliver and unload heavy materials onto roofs, into homes, and on jobsites.
- Ability to read a road map and follow driving directions.
- Regular attendance is required.