The Purchasing Agent is an essential part of the company’s team. The Purchasing agent plays a critical role in assisting in the development of new product, maintaining a high quality of construction while keeping costs low. The Purchasing Agent collaborates in a cross-functionally-organized environment.
- Assist with creating base house budgets.
- Review and redline plans prior to bid for spec compliance and accuracy.
- Create, Set up, and maintain new communities to bid in community database.
- Establish and maintain community documents in the company’s cloud-based community database.
- Participate in Value Engineering Meetings with Project Managers, consultants and major trades.
- Assist in spec level and scope of work development. Provide plans.
- Manage community bid processes, analyzing and negotiating contracts with subcontractors and vendors, awarding contract work, and maintaining bid pricing in the system.
- Assist in the development of scopes of work, development of new home plans, including construction details.
- Work with and provide community relevant documentation to the Options Coordinators and Purchasing Coordinators. Support department staff in the generation of pricing agreements, commitment/PO accuracy, budget accuracy, and troubleshoot challenges on a daily basis.
- Build strong trusting relationships with existing trade partners as well as find, investigate, and retain new reliable trade partners to bolster the company’s portfolio of trade partners.
- Research and respond to RFI's and general questions from trade partners and project superintendents via various media.
- Research new and improved materials, colors, manufacturers, processes, specifications, and offerings to deliver increased value to our customers and to keep the division ahead of the competition.
- Conduct community “kick-off” meetings training sales and construction on plans, specifications, flooring locations, exterior colors pallets and options.
- Ability to proficiently read and interpret Architectural, MEP, and Structural plans.
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Business or Finance or equivalent applicable experience as a Purchasing agent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Detail oriented with good follow-up and follow-thru skills.
- Exceptional organizational capability, including the ability to multi-task.
- Action-oriented with the drive to push projects and tasks to successful closure.
- Strong ability to work within a team setting, inclusive of other's ideas and a willingness to cooperate.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Familiarity with or trained in JD Edwards, Sales Simplicity and Hyphen Solutions.
- Conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to potential buyers, subcontractors, and coworkers.
- Candidate must be able to flex between work-at-home and work-in-office, as permitted by governmental regulations.
- Conduct business in a professional and highly ethical manner in order to deliver our buyers, subcontractors and coworkers a great experience.
To Apply: Send Resume to Purchasing Manager at Chris.email@example.com