The primary focus of a Material Handler is to provide a high level of customer service to our warehouse operations while meeting defined quality and on time performance standards. A Material Handler must work safely while adapting to the changing needs of our business.
Technical Responsibilities of the Job
- Perform inventory movements according to documented standard works using an RF terminal.
- Proficiency in sit-down and reach truck forklift operation.
- Unloading of inbound materials
- Move materials within the warehouse while maintaining inventory accuracy.
- Maintain housekeeping standards and address potential workplace hazards.
- Perform other duties as communicated by the Outbound Supervisor
Behavioral Responsibilities of the Job
- Contribute to continuous improvement by providing accurate feedback to the leadership team
- Willingness to work flexible schedules and shifts
- Committed to creating and participating in a positive workplace culture
- Capable of providing excellent internal and external customer interactions
- Committed to arriving on time and ready to work
- Committed to follow safety procedures
- All warehouse employees are expected to communicate problems encountered as they pertain to Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery standards.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an evolving team
- Self-leadership capabilities – the ability to lead yourself to meet your goals and those of the company.
- Lead in the development of your own career with the assistance of the Skills Matrix and Standard Works
- Hold a valid California Driver’s License
- Forklift certification through Villara Forklift Training Program
- HVAC and plumbing parts knowledge preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent