Supervises and directs all aspects of a community including obtaining permits and approvals. Coordinates with other department heads and outside consultants for architectural design and site planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises and directs all aspects of obtaining necessary permits and approvals for assigned communities from local jurisdictions.
- Responsible for maintaining community and construction schedules.
- Responsible for coordinating input from Division Executives regarding site and architectural design.
- Supervises and coordinates with outside consultants including architecture, civil engineering, landscape architecture and soils engineering in preparation of required construction applications.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of site budgets.
- Negotiates contracts for services to be performed by outside consultants such as architecture, civil engineering, landscape architecture and soils engineering.
- Assists in preparing feasibility studies.
- Coordinate DRE Processing and CC&R’s. Set up HOA’s and may acts as a liaison and board member.
- Responsible for securing and exoneration of any necessary bonds.
- Responsible for coordination of model complexes and conditional use permits.
- Responsible for support of the Operations Department during the construction process.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Seven (7) - nine (9) years work experience with three (3) years minimum experience in community development, redevelopment, economic development and/or housing with a public agency, private company or non-profit development corporation preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required in the field of Urban Design, Planning, Real Estate, Business, Engineering, Construction Management, or related course study
- Advanced PC skills, including use of Microsoft Word, and Excel; Power Point preferred
- Excellent analytical ability and strong communication and writing skills
- Valid, unrestricted driver’s license
- Interact well with co-workers
- Comply with and implement company policies and procedures
- Strong work ethic
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office supplies and materials weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate computer keyboard, calculator and telephone equipment. Ability to operate a motor vehicle.