Responsible for bidding, negotiating and contracting for Land Trade Partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review all plans and specifications from a cost perspective identifying areas, which warrant detailed review. Assist Project Manager and consultants with design development and value engineering efforts.
- Research new products, processes, trade partners and suppliers from a cost and value basis.
- Develop and maintain Master Scopes of Work for all trades.
- Prepare offsite improvement budgets for due diligence purposes in conjunction with Operations and Project Management. Participate in preparation of community development schedules with Project Manager.
- Prepare and maintain offsite budget estimates throughout the community development cycle.
- Participate with other team members, Field Supervision and Management in selecting qualified bidders.
- Prepare and distribute bid packages, including Scopes of Work, Payment and Price Schedules, Insurance Requirements, other exhibits, plans and cover letter.
- Negotiate with preferred bidder, if successful, award contract.
- Analyze bids for completeness and accuracy. Prepare bid comparison and review with Operations and Project Manager. Select preferred bidder based on competitiveness and ability to fulfill contract requirements.
- Supervise contract preparation including Master Agreement, Exhibit A – Scope of Work, Exhibit B – Payment and Price Schedule and other addenda and exhibits.
- Meet with successful bidder and execute agreement. Review Billing Procedures.
- Monitor trade associate performance and assist in efforts to ensure trade associate complies with contract requirements.
- Resolve specification and plan conflicts. Assist Accounting Department in researching and resolving budget and payment issues.
- Update and maintain existing contracts as required.
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with all potential and existing trade associates.
- Train and supervise Contract Administrators.
- Resolves mechanics liens with Trade and Internal Departments.
- Ensures all bidders and trade partners can meet the minimum insurance requirements. Assists in resolving insurance deficiencies.
- Oversee site improvement construction.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Five (5) years minimum residential construction experience in field operations, purchasing or construction management
- College degree in Engineering, construction management or related studies
- High degree of construction knowledge
- Must possess ability to execute in a timely manner on multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be comfortable in a high pressure, time sensitive environment
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, Project
- Excellent writing skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Detail oriented
- Strong negotiating skills
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. May be required to operate a motor vehicle to attend meetings on and off the construction sites.